Thursday 14 March 2013

Evaluation Question 3


What have you learned from your audience feedback?

To gain some feedback about my media product I asked a targeted audience about my trailer and what they thought about my media product. I also posted the trailer online, on YouTube to get audience feedback from people who wanted to give feedback on my product. The questions I wanted to know were:

In what ways does my trailer remind you of other trailers? And what do you think the strengths and weaknesses of my trailer are?

 

First question

In what ways does my trailer remind you of other trailers?


 
 

This is the feedback I got online, after posting my work on YouTube. If I had posted the trailer on YouTube for longer I may have had more comments.

Comments I received after showing my trailer to a group of friends.
"I like the music in the background; it goes well with the genre of the film."

"The plot of the trailer is good, all trailers should have a good plot"

"The trailer has fast parts to it which makes it more interesting, I have seen lots of trailers that have fast trailers, mainly action and horror.

Comments I received after showing my trailer to a media student. "I like the font used to give more information, as lots of trailers use strong fonts to help the trailer become eye-catching"


I received a lot of feedback from this question which was good. The comments were very positive. People thought that the different features my media product includes are very similar to real life trailers of the same genre. Many people were impressed with the background music and how I had used it effectively in order to add pace to parts of my trailer.




Responses to second question:



"I think the music on the trailer works effectively as it makes it feel like something disturbing is about to happen"

"I like the different types of shots and angles used to create your trailer, for example the tilt used in the fight scene."

"I think the music is one of the strong points because it works well with the rest of the trailer."

"I like how the heart beat sound hits when something is about to happen, like when the girl wakes up and turns her head in worry."

The main strength in my trailer is the sound and music I have used. This is something I feel very pleased about as I think it can be difficult to find the perfect piece of music to fit a specific trailer. Although most horror trailers use slow music with a sting when a piece of action is about to take place, the same piece of music may not suit two different types of horror trailer.

Responses to third question:


"I don’t think the quality of the trailer is good as professional trailers, but think this could be to do with the type of camera used."

"I think the brightness of the filming doesn’t really tell me that the genre of the film is horror. If the set was a little darker then it would seem more like a horror film trailer."

I agree with all these points and if I were to create my trailer again then I would listen to the advice given although some thing could not have been helped, for example, the quality of the trailer, as this was to do with the camera not being as good quality as something that professionals would use.

No comments:

Post a Comment