Tuesday 12 March 2013

Evaluation Question 2


How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

 

 I think my main product works well with my ancillary texts. The reason for this is that I have kept to the same colour scheme throughout all my products; I have also kept to the same font and colour of text for my film title throughout. For my main product which was the trailer I used a silver text with specific font to give the viewer additional information about the film for example the title of the film and release date. I wanted to use the same font throughout each construction to help each product link together. When creating the ancillary texts I couldn't find the same font necessary to keep the continuity between all my products and so had to print screen the font so that I could use that font and title of the product and obtain the exact colour scheme throughout. The colour grey is a shade of the black that is usually related to horror and so enhances the genre I wished to portray as the common connotations of this colour are darkness and negativity. Black also connotes mystery, evil, death misery and fear. Using the shade of grey means that the connotations are similar but not as strong. Grey is the combination of black and white and is the most neutral of all the shades which means that the Levi Strauss- Binary opposition theory, showing good and evil, life and death E.C.T.

I have also tried to keep the protagonist/ antagonist an on-going theme in my ancillary texts, for example I have made sure that the antagonist used in my main product, is in both my Poster and Magazine cover. To create an effective combination of the media product and both the ancillary texts I have kept the exact same font throughout. This is particularly shown in both of the ancillary texts as these need to capture your attention immediately so fonts, size and colour, will help an audience link the products together. By using the same fonts, the target audience can identify the film by recognizing the same type of texts and colours. Each product together, helps the audience link the products so that they have as much information as possible when deciding what they want to do in my case watch the film, in other cases play the game or buy the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment